Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Saint Of Kamareddy-Swami Hriyananda

I visited a small sleepy town of Kamareddy north of Hyderabad,half way to Nizamabad.
There are no great places to stay there so my hosts had made arrangements in a lodge near the bus stand called Radhakrishna Lodge.
A small trek towards the outskirts of the town is the venerable Swami Hriyananda's Ashram called Chandi Mantralayam. I met the saint and was immediately taken in by His powerful persona. He appears as a simpleton but when I inquired from his shishyas, I realized that he is a doctorate in literature(PhD) and 5 times Master Of Arts in Literature, having been a senior Suptd with the college.
During the course of our satsang I understood the depth of his being.
I had arrived on the last day of the Chandi Homa so it was an auspicious occasion.
He offered me a seat near him and instructed his disciples to take care of me, telling them that the Guru has arrived from Mumbai,which Vajreshwari(my host)continuously corrected to tell him that I had come from Bangalore!!
I witnessed a powerful vibration on entering that place which I brought to His notice. Similar vibrations have been felt by me at Dakshineshwar,Kollur ,Shringeri and Vrindavan.
I was invited to talk to his disciples in the evening of the general satsang.
There after the palki procession took place.
Now for my story- I was asked about the Saint by his disciples on my impressions about him!
I told them that he has an essence of Shri Ramakrishna Parmahansa and his wife is the essence of ShardaMa. I also told them of the essence of Vivekananda around them. They were flabbergasted at my suggestions, since they had never asked the Saint about these things till that fateful day. They wanted to know how I knew about Him! I told them not to push for such things but let them be revealed by themselves.
After sometime the saint walked out of his samadhi and started narrating a story of how he got into this spiritual life. This was the first time they were hearing about it.
He told all of us that Shri Ramakrishna used to come continuously in his dreams and had asked him to start the Chandi Path and Homa but he never wanted to do it.
Then one night Ramakrishnaji rudely awakened him and gave him a resounding slap and ordered him to start that immediately.The whole night he was made to sit and recite the chandi path. Later at dawn he was allowed to sleep.This was over 60 years after Ramakrishnaji's passing away.
When he woke up his life had changed...the Chandi had become his life goal and Shri Ramakrishnaji had left him the legacy of taking the Chandi to the masses.
The Swamiji then told them how the essence of Ramakrishna had made him take to the Chandi.
Today he has established a temple in the name of Chandi with a beautiful statue of Durga in the well of the temple.
His disciples got the proof of the occurence of Ramkrishnaji in their Swami's life.
The swamiji them told them that all saints are One and they all communicate the same one language.There is no need to get surprised at the incident at all.
Later on I came to know how they all had experienced the Chandi's coming in 9 disciples simultaneously.
There are lots of such incidents to make Kamareddy a holy place.
I shall write about it later also in short steps for you to understand it well.
Let me end here and hope you read more about it later on also.

No comments:

Post a Comment